In an effort to minimize its environmental impact, the Women In Green Forum event planning process is guided by Three Squares Inc's sustainable event policy which is compliant with the international standard, ISO20121. This standard was popularized by the 2012 London Olympics and requires that event organizers consider the impact of all event related activities within the areas of energy and water efficiency, carbon emissions, event waste, as well as sustainable catering, decor and event supplies.
The 2019 Women In Green Forum is a certified CarbonNeutral event. Each year, the Women In Green Forum achieves net emissions through a combination of internal reductions and supporting verified carbon offset projects.
CarbonNeutral certification offers an effective means of reducing the environmental impact of events, and delivering a powerful competitive differentiation to delegates, sponsors, and exhibitors. For more than 20 years, Natural Capital Partners has been helping clients achieve their climate goals and the company’s CarbonNeutral Protocol has become the global standard for net zero emission reductions programs.
The Three Squares Inc. team works closely with the Luxe during the planning process to design a menu that features local and sustainably-sourced items, setup a waste diversion system, and design the event to use many of their lush outdoor garden spaces.
• Menu is entirely vegetarian;
• Menu items are sourced from local organic farms;
• Water pitcher and glasses are used in place of bottled water;
• Bulk butter, jam, sugar, and Splenda are used at coffee breaks and on tables; and,
• Comprehensive composting and recycling program will be in place during food prep and during the conference.
Over the years, the Women in Green Forum has featured various green décor elements including living walls and local, eco furniture designers.
Forum organizers work with the conference venue to implement a comprehensive waste diversion system for pre-event and day-of production efforts. Event waste is separated into three streams: recyclables, compost and waste. Compost and recyclables are diverted from the landfill to local facilities. All efforts are measured and tracked for year-to-year goal setting.
• Univenture name badge inserts are made of 100% post consumer waste recycled content and the holders are recyclable and compostable;
• The event mobile app allows attendees to access information 24/7 via their mobile device eliminating the need for printing programs;
• Paperless online registration, e-program and speaker selection process; and,
• Supplies sourced from a green preferred supplier list.
The event production office of Three Squares Inc. follows these practices:
• Staff live within a 15 mile radius of the office or work remotely;
• Operations are 100% carbon neutral and 100% powered by renewable energy;
• Minimal printing on 100% recycled paper;
• Use of FSC certified printers and print on 100% recycled paper, processed chlorine-free using soy inks for all letterhead;
• 100% natural daylighting used during the day (no need for office lights until after sunset);
• Green Seal certified or natural home made cleaning products; and,
• Office kitchen features china (no disposables) and condiments in bulk.
If you are interested in learning more about sustainable event strategies, please visit the Three Squares Inc. web site.